AP120 Error on update to HiveOS 6.4r1g.2138 ver 4.0.6

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Error to Update AP to HiveOS 6.4r1g.2138 ver 4.0.6 , I do update my 6 AP120 from the HM and I have a problem with an SSID tagged with a VLAN4 using DHCP Relay. I have all my corporate laptops not having corretly a dynamic IP .

my question is can I roll-back the update? how?

the only AP i do not upgarde is working correctly

Please Help.

Regards

Younes.
Photo of Younes Kamil

Younes Kamil

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Younes,

Can you supply us with more information?

Which one of your APs is acting as the DHCP relay between your VLAN 4 and the VLAN that has the DHCP server in it?

Have you checked the configuration of this to ensure that it is correct?

Have you ensured that you do not have more than one AP, or other device, performing DHCP relay between the same VLANs.

I am not under the impression that there is an issue in 6.4r1g that prevents DHCP relay from working.

I suspect that you may have a configuration or other issue in your deployment therefore.

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Younes Kamil

Younes Kamil

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nick,

No AP is acting as DHCP,

The DHCP Role is on a Server Windows 2008 R2, and there is no other DHCP over my network,

The DHCP Relay server is configured over a Cisco 1941 on VLAN4. the firmeware of the Cisco is not up to date.

but as I say the AP with a version 6.1r3b 1502 / 3.1.6 is working correctly.

The VLAN 7 is working corretly on both versions (VLAN7 is for guests and DHCP server role is over the cisco 1941 on Vlan7)

It's very urgent for me to rollback.

thanks.
Younes.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Younes,

You should contact your point of support for formal assistance where you have an urgent need.

I highly suspect that this is not HiveOS firmware version related to a bug, as in you will likely find that there is no causal link to any defect in HiveOS.

Firstly, what does Client Monitor show for an affected client?

Have you used the VLAN probe feature?

Have you checked the VLAN configuration for each point in the chain for any mistakes?

Have you checked the DHCP configuration in all its places for any mistakes?

My suggestion is to look at each point logically to triage the problem to a root cause.

If there's something incidental causing this, you will almost certainly want to identify that.

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Younes Kamil

Younes Kamil

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thank you Nick, But I do chek everything on my network before opening this post,

A rollback works fine for me.

Regards.

Younes

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Great. As I said though, if there is something incidental causing this, you will almost certainly want to identify and fix that.

It is possible but unlikely you're hitting a bug in HiveOS. Were something to be this fundamentally, generally broken, it would almost certainly be known about. It is, in my opinion, definitely worth triaging to root cause to understand what is causing this.
(Edited)