AP120 and DHCP again

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Hi,
I see that many people have a similar problem but I not find solution.
I have only 4 AP120 (AP1, AP2,Ap3,AP4) connected to the same switch. I have a DELL SonicWall
NSA 2600.
Often some notebook can't get IP from DHCP.
But if notebook/tablet/smartphone come near AP1 thei can get IP address.
Generally if you try to access via AP1 you are able to get the IP, while the other AP often fail.
I I go in troubleshoot i see many error "DHCP Server Unreachable" but if i walk on the floor near AP1.... device get the correct IP.
Is like the AP1 are "more able" to contact DHCP (but is on the same switch of all others)
All AP have same policy, same firmware, etc.... all AP are on the same floor....
So? Why some device can get IP only from AP1? What i can do, what kind of thest can I do?

PS: AP are active from 3-4 month and have this problem from first installation DAY.
The problem is more frequent with Apple device

Best regards
Photo of Ludovico

Ludovico

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of John Fielding

John Fielding

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
Can you confirm which version of HiveOS the AP's are running?
Photo of Ludovico

Ludovico

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
my AP are AP130 (just corrected the original post) and firmware is HiveOS 6.5r3a Honolulu build2530.
Can I edit again title and original post?
(Edited)
Photo of Szymon

Szymon

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi Ludovico,

I experienced the same "weird" all kind of DHCP issues when use 130's with HiveOS 6.5r3a Honolulu build2530. All start to work perfectly fine when we get rid of "Honolulu" firmware...try that as a first step...

Thanks
Szymon

Photo of Ludovico

Ludovico

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what you suggest me? 6.5r4 or 6.8r1 ?
Photo of Roberto Casula

Roberto Casula, Champ

• 231 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
6.5r4 specifically fixes an issue with DHCP. I would recommend 6.5r4 (latest "golden" release) unless you have a specific need for some feature in the feature release streams (6.6, 6.8).
Photo of Steve Bennett

Steve Bennett

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Ludovico, when I was using the 6.5r3 release on my AP130's I had problems with DHCP. After installing 6.6r2a over 4 months ago I've had no DHCP problems at all. Thanks, Steve
(Edited)