AP1130 outdoor bridge with AP330/AP230 indoor with Point-to-Multipoint Bridge- Is this doable?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)

I have a requirement from my client to use Aerohive solution for
their CCTV requirement. here is the Scenario. The client currently has CCTV
cameras mounted on poles around the perimeter. Now the project is all about replacing the conventional CCTV with IP CCTV and the customer is looking Wireless for the connection between the outdoor poles and the buildings. So the idea is to use AP1130 as outdoor unit and connect it via Wireless Bridge to another AP330/AP230 mounted indoor. From the outdoor AP1130 the Ethernet port connects to Outdoor/Industry Grade POE switch and then the CCTV cameras are attached to this Ethernet Switch. 

AP230/AP330 (Indoor Unit ) --> Mesh Link/Bridge Link --> AP1130 (Outdoor Unit) --> AP1130 NIC Card --> Ethernet Switch --> CCTV

The CCTV images later is transmitted via Wireless via Bridge Link to Indoor AP230/AP330 and subsequently Transmitted via the Wired LAN link to Recording and Monitoring Servers. All will be done using IP connections.

Question:

1.     Can the AP1130 linked to Indoor AP230/AP330 via Bridge Links.

2.     Can we have Point-to-Multipoint Bridge, eq, 1 AP1130 connects to Multiple AP230/AP330 indoor units.

3.     How far the Bridge link can work via wireless medium? This requirement sees the distance between 150-200 meters max.

4.     Can both Aps (Indoor & Outdoor) establish the Bridge Link using Omni Antenna which comes default with Aerohive APs.

Experts, please kindly help to give your expert inputs. I need the answers before confirming to mu customer on this solution.

Thank you
Photo of Scorpio_1899

Scorpio_1899

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Scorpio_1899

Scorpio_1899

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any input on this please? Experts from Aerohive can you advise please?
Photo of George Verrückt

George Verrückt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did you manage to achieve it? If yes, how did you do it?

Thank you.
Photo of Scorpio_1899

Scorpio_1899

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes, i managed to achieve this. This is what i did to make it work.

I break all the AP into its own hive and set the channel manually.

I used the 802.11n radio profile and disabled the 2.4Ghz radio (Admin Down). Basically I had 10 Outdoor AP (AP 1130) mounted to poles and each AP1130 paired with indoor AP(390). Each pair was configured with its own HIVE, so in total configured 10 different hives, then configured the pairs with 802.11n radio profile. Pushed the policy and it worked with good ping reply (between 10-50ms)...Thus far the deployment works fine but at times there will be request time out....1 or 2 packets....
Photo of George Verrückt

George Verrückt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My goal is my outdoor 1130 to be the uplink for a switch, which switch is feeding three indoor 230's. Can't really make it working. Any help?
Photo of Scorpio_1899

Scorpio_1899

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are these flat network or with VLAN. If Flat, then you just need to ensure both 5Ghz Wireless radios are configured as back-haul and the MESH site (AP1130) ethernet port is bridged and connected to the switch port. With this setup it should work....

Alternatively, if using VLAN then, the bridge port must be 802.1q enabled/selected, then the switch ports both (Portal and Mesh) Ethernet switch ports must be trunk ports.

hope this helps