AP-340s - no devices can attach after VA updated to 6.8r7a

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
After the update to the latest firmware for our HiveManager VA to 6.8r7a, the AP-340s seem to be working OK but no devices are allowed to attach.  The AP-340s are running firmware version HiveOS 6.5r6.149161 .

Is there a newer update for these models?

Steve D.
Photo of Stephen DiMare

Stephen DiMare

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Marcel

Marcel

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, Have seen the same issue and an open support case for this; at the moment they advise to stay on 6.5r4 for now.
rgds,
Marcel
Photo of Stephen DiMare

Stephen DiMare

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That is not really a solution.  I know those APs are considered end of life next year but come on, man!  We are planning to phase them out this summer but I really did not want to have to replace them before then.  I have sent the Tech Data from an AP to support.  If I get a response, I will share.
Photo of Hans

Hans

• 68 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Stephen, we have the same issue at one of our customers site, did you received an answer from Aerohive how to solve this? The last available update I get for the AP340 is the 6.5r7, and the issue is also there in this version.
Thx!
Photo of Stephen DiMare

Stephen DiMare

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I put all the AP-340 back to firmware version 6.5r4 Honolulu 128121 and that resolves my issue.  As I stated, we are phasing these out this Summer so I only have a few still running but later this month, I will have removed all of my AP-340s.  Hope this helps.
Photo of Hans Matthé

Hans Matthé

• 42 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Stephen, we indeed will replace the AP340 (as they are EOL), at the moment we are using indeed the 6.5r4 without any problems.
Thx!
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

So that I can follow up on this issue, please can I have support case number(s)?

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of Hans

Hans

• 68 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Nick
The case is issued by our distri, so we do not know the casenr at Aerohive.