Ap 340 won't broadcast SSID?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
large enviroment of aerohive device spread across 2 different networks on college campus. We have not made any policy/profile changes but all of a sudden 2 buildings worth of ap340s won't put out the assigned SSID for students to connect to. They can connect to hive manager and you can manage them/change configs/reboot etc. the assigned SSID can not be seen by ANY Device. really weird. we have not made any changes. We have been experiencing power issues on campus lately so i was suspicious of damage caused by this so I brought one from the building back to IT office. same thing when i plug it into same student network in our office, no visible SSID to connect to. Just for the hell of it i plugged it in on our admin (staff/faculty) network..... and boom it starts broadcasting the correct SSID and is fully operational. it's all too weird. Anyone out there have any experience with AP's that stop brodcasting SSID??? 
Photo of Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Hans Matthé

Hans Matthé

• 42 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Lee
what happens if you create the wireless network manually on the client (active scanning)? 
Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
Have you tried using Putty (or equivalent) to make a serial connection to the AP340 and then reboot it?  You are looking for any warnings or errors that appear as the AP340 is powering up.  If you have a power issue, for example, you should see a warning as the AP340 is powering up.
Photo of Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I cannot connect to it by manually entering in ssid name if that is what you meant hans?

I have not tried putty to make a serial connection yet. The weird thing is it works just fine on our other network. this makes me believe their is no physical power problem with the AP's. same power source (injector in our office) just plugged into a different network
Photo of Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
aerohive tech got us up and working with a firmware rollback and some other stuff. he i sending email with info to me today. Thanks for the suggestions guys.