AP 130s wont update configuration

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
AP's wont update configuration even though they see hive manager.

I have a school setup with multiple VLAN's. When the APs are on a VLAN with DHCP, they see hivemanager and update fine. When i move them to the static vlan after pushing an initial configuration, they look like they are normal but always roll back when I try to update them, even if I am updating them with the exact same unchanged configuration.

I have run the "exec _test tcp-service host 52.18.42.176 port 22 and get a successfull. They all show up in hive manager online just fine. They also work in my environment great until i have to make a change to them.

Any idea's? It looks like everything should be working, but upon coming up from reboot after an update they revert back to the old config, even if its the exact same config.

Thanks in advance,

Denis
Photo of Denis

Denis

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ruwan Indika

Ruwan Indika

• 66 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Denis,

This sounds very much like a Native VLAN and management VLAN miss configuration. Please double check whether you have configured the correct management VLAN and native VLAN.

Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
To expand upon Ruwan's comment; What kind of switches are in place? In Ci$c0 terms, trunked or access ports; HP and others, tagged or untagged vlan ports?

Best,
BJ 
Photo of Ruwan Indika

Ruwan Indika

• 66 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Denis,

It could also be the DNS config in your network policy, the default DNS server addresses are  208.67.220.220 and  208.67.222.222, if your firewall does not allow the AP to access these DNS server it may not be able to reach the HiveManager after reboot. You can change the DNS server in network policy --> additional settings --> Management Server Settings --> DNS server.
Photo of Denis

Denis

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think my vlan setup is ok, I have them on the vlan where there addressing resides, in my case its 72.  Its mostly HP switches, they are untagged in their home vlan and tagged in all the others, everything works fine internally.

I'll try the DNS server changes now

Denis