AP-130 not possible to connect with Iphones

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
We sold 18 AP-130's to a customer who has 18 gas stations where people can surf the internet for free.
Adroid phones can connect. However, every IPhone that tries to connect to th Wi-Fi fails and gets the message : "No Internet Connection".
We've set the security key to WPA-2.
Does anyone have any ideas how we can solve this connection problem for these IPhones ?
Photo of Mind Management Consulting

Mind Management Consulting

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Gary Smith

Gary Smith, Official Rep

• 299 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Hi,

I suspect this is a config issue. Can you please show us the config settings that you are using for the SSID?

Kind Regards,
Gary Smith

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes, here they are - see image below

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
He tries to connect but doesn't get connected. At a certain point, even sometimes after a few seconds, the IPhone user gets the message "No internet Connection", and the user is standing next to the AP130. See image below.

I try to connect with my HTC One X (Android) and I get connected, after even 2 seconds and I can surf the internet.

Photo of Gary Smith

Gary Smith, Official Rep

• 299 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Can you run a "client monitor" and collect the logs? I'd like to see what they look like.

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will ask my IT-engineer to do this and I will get back to you as soon as I have them.
Photo of mr bee

mr bee

• 77 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is the SSID unhidden broadcasted ?
(Edited)
Photo of Luke Harris

Luke Harris

• 265 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Definitely will be able to see more if client monitor is enabled. Have you connected to this network before during testing? May need the Wi-Fi network 'forgetting' from the phone in order to resolve.