Anyway with a AP330 I can block out a verzion jetpack?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I work in a school system that we keep having a problems with teachers bringing in Verzion jetpack and causing wireless problems. Any help would be great.
Photo of Brian Wyatt

Brian Wyatt

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Can you elaborate on the "problems" these devices cause? Have you looked into our Rogue AP detection and mitigation? 
Photo of Brian Wyatt

Brian Wyatt

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The rogue ap is causing nothing to work on the wireless.
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
According to Verizon's website they are currently selling 4 different devices under the name "Jetpack". All of them appear to be 802.11b/g/n devices, meaning they should only affect your 2.4GHz SSIDs. Are your 5GHz SSIDs affected? Have you contacted your reseller for assistance in configuring rogue detection and mitigation?
Photo of Brian Wyatt

Brian Wyatt

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Where would be a good place to read more into mitigation mode?
Photo of Brian Wyatt

Brian Wyatt

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
We have the rogue detection turned on and I just looked in to mitigation but wanted to read more about it before turning it on.
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
This might be a good starting point, there are links from there: http://www.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/6.1r5/hm/full/help.htm#config/sec/wipsPol.htm?Highl... and http://www.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/6.1r5/hm/full/help.htm#config/sec/wipsPolD.htm

I suggest you use Manual mode or Semi-Automatic mode, not Automatic, at least at first. 
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
If they are causing problems of that magnitude, I would also advocate for the non-technical human solution of telling staff in a way that they will understand that these are prohibited, backed with the support of management.

Many environments now prohibit all unauthorised AP use on campus.

Nick