After Guided Configuration all AP121 Status LED turned Orange/Red

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hi guys i need your help,

maybe i start first with our system.

Im running Hivemanager Enterprise 6.6r3a
and have 71 AP ́s, 25 of them are AP330 and 46 are AP121

The AP121 are running with HiveOS 6.5r3a Honolulu.2530 or should running but they wont ;(
The AP330 are running withHiveOS 6.6r2a Irvine.2309

the AP 121 we are using in our classes and the AP330 ́s in the corridor or conference room.

Now to the question. On Monday after a guided configuration all AP121 ́s turned Orange/Red and are not reachable from the HiveManager.

All in all it says that the device is not reachable or cant fetch the config because its disconnected from the HiveManager.

I tried resetting it with the button =  No Change.
I tried connecting to it via WebInterface = No Connection.
I tried connecting to it via SSH = Not reachable.
I tried pinging it = Request timeout.

I really need help asap cause the classes needs the internet connection through th AP ́s.

thx

fsueer
Photo of Faruk Süer

Faruk Süer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Erik Gunnarsson

Erik Gunnarsson

• 38 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Could you reach them on their internal IP from within the network?
Try ssh to one of the and try to ping default gateway and internet addresses eg. 8.8.8.8. Make sure DNS is working for the ap.
Run the command "show capwap client" and se if you get any clues from the AP.
Photo of Faruk Süer

Faruk Süer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So just unplugged PoE and still the same where i should press enter and wait a little bit longer.

This time i waited a little bit longer and it said now System Ready see picture.

http://prnt.sc/as5ai7

but even after that no login promt after pressing Enter.

And if i have to upload to it a new firmware do i have to that with every AP that is stuck like that? O,o

Thx alot again Erik.
Photo of Erik Gunnarsson

Erik Gunnarsson

• 38 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Seems strange that it gets stuck like that. Usually it reboots time after time when you have a corrupt firmware. You could try to upload new firmware to this one and see if it helps. Just seems unlikely that all AP121 got corrupted firmware. Did you upload new firmware when you deployed your configuration to them?
Before you do, maybe try look in the switch if it supports LLDP and see if the accesspoint report any information.
Photo of Faruk Süer

Faruk Süer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Erik, yes i think all AP121 are stuck like that, just plugged antoher one in and it also stuck at the same place.

And yes i also uploaded and activated the HiveOS Firmware.

its this one

Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
I would still try to upgrade one of these APs from the bootstrap and see if that fixes the problem. I have seen an AP get corrupted from an upgrade pushed via HM, and loading the firmware from bootstrap has resolved the corruption.
Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
I would still try to upgrade one of these APs from the bootstrap and see if that fixes the problem. I have seen an AP get corrupted from an upgrade pushed via HM, and loading the firmware from bootstrap has resolved the corruption.