Aerohive SR2148p admin console access

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hi, I just performed a hard reset for the Aerohive SR2148p to get access to it.  I found it's IP address through an ARP lookup but stumbled upon a service unavailable 503 error when I tried to access the HTTP page.  There some resources below that I haven't quite tackled due to some time constraints.  Has anyone dealt with this device before?  I need to configure for VLAN setup but first need access.  I did not spot any manual online.  So any info would be very appreciative.

Resources
https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive
www.aerohive.com/techdocs
http://media.aerohive.com/documents/SR2000_QuickStart_330094-03.pdf

10.10.12.150 - 503 - Service Unavailable - Aerohive - SR2148p
Photo of Michael A

Michael A

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Maurice van Zundert

Maurice van Zundert

• 31 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You can do some basic functions through SSH, connect with console cable or through LAN.
But just configure it through your Hivemanager.

You can use the redirector of Aerohive to direct it to the correct HM or use SSH to set the CAPWAP client parameters.

Regards,
Maurice
Photo of Aaron Storey

Aaron Storey

• 32 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I have seen a service unavailable error before when we had and IP address conflict. Had an AP assigned an address from DHCP and someone had set it manually on a printer.
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Yes, I've dealt with the SR2148s, and other Aerohive switch models. As Maurice pointed out, use the console and ssh to configure the switch enough to reach HiveManager, then use the HM GUI to configure the rest. I've never had to use web console directly on the switches. 
Photo of Michael A

Michael A

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can you refer me to some documentation for once I'm at the command line?  Is the hive manager separate from the CLI?
Photo of Michael A

Michael A

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Looks like Hive Manager is a web interface.  I probably need to change the IP through SSH to get rocking and rolling.  Any steps on this would be very appreciative including default user/password/

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/Aerohive_HiveManagerNG_GettingStarte...

Maurice van Zundert

• 31 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Default username is: admin / default password is: aerohive.
You can use the command "show capwap client" to determine the current configuration to connect with the Hivemanager.

In this Window you can also see the current device IP.
You can also use the following command "show interface eth0".
Photo of Michael A

Michael A

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok. I SSH into the device and performed the command.  Can you please elaborate more on connectivity to the manager from that point forward?

Maurice van Zundert

• 31 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Sure Michael, which IP address do you see at the CAPWAP server part?
Default is the redirector.aerohive.com.

If you have Hivemanager online the redirector will direct the AP / Switch automatically to the Hivemanager Online environment and if you have your own Hivemanager you should put the serial number in through your redirector logon.
Photo of Michael A

Michael A

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
52.7.71.219  Default is the redirector.aerohive.com.   I'm not sure what hivemanager online is.  I took over this account and this is all new to me.  I do have the serial number.  So I just need the URL to the Hivemanager portal and I can begin reconfiguring things on the switch?

Maurice van Zundert

• 31 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Michael, Hivemanager Online is when you buy / lease the hivemanager instance at Aerohive. Your login will be through https://myhive.aerohive.com. If you have your own Hivemanager instance you will use your own login page.

This IP leads to: ec2-52-7-71-219.compute-1.amazonaws.com.
Something you know about? Or is this the original Hivemanager maybe?
Can be the original IP it was given through the redirector in the past, what kind of Hivemanager do you have now?

You should put the serial number of this device into the redirector or into your own Hivemanager Online appliance and change the CAPWAP server to the right one e..g. redirector.aerohive.com (make sure that your DNS settings are OK).
Photo of Michael A

Michael A

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This may be all related to the MSP supporting this prior to me.  What questions should I be asking the MSP?  Can I still configure for VLAN if they are reluctant to hand over information?  How?  What's the redirector?  Is that done through the CLI?
Photo of Aaron Storey

Aaron Storey

• 32 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
First question would be is this instance controlled via a HiveManager Online account or an On Premise system such as a VM or appliance? Then can you have access to whatever instance is being used to configure the devices. 

The redirector is a part of a HiveManager Online account that has all of the Serial numbers of your AP's and switches, when they come online for the first time they connect over the internet to the redirector and it then directs them to the proper HiveManager instance depending on your setup.

Everything is set up to be changed by HiveManager however if you really need to change the VLAN then you would need to look at the running config, do a show running-config. Any of the items listed can be changed using the same syntax that is listed in the running config. We have ours set up for trunking and then you have to allow specific vlan traffic. Here is an example from my running config.

vlan 2

vlan 3

vlan 4

vlan 5

vlan 6

vlan 7

vlan 8

vlan 9

vlan 10

vlan 30

vlan 100  

vlan 106

interface eth1/1 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/2 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/3 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/4 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/5 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/6 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/7 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/8 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/25 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/26 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/27 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/28 switchport mode trunk

interface eth1/1 switchport trunk allow vlan 1 - 10

interface eth1/1 switchport trunk allow vlan 30 

interface eth1/1 switchport trunk allow vlan 100 

interface eth1/1 switchport trunk allow vlan 106

To see your management interface setup do a show interface mgt0 then to modify you can give interface mgt0. It is similar to a cisco switch where you can give a ? at the end of a command to see what things can be done.

Photo of Michael A

Michael A

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
They won't allow access.  We are going to buy a replacement switch.  Thank you for the assistance.