Aero Hive AP330 standalone Mode

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
I would like to install Aero Hive AP 330 as the stand alone mode. to work as access point
DHCP will be given to wireless users via PFSense firewall and Captive portal enabled on all LAN traffic.
I reset the AP and enable the Hiveui through CLI and now have more option on the GUI page. but confused what should I do next
Photo of Muhammad Waqas Awan

Muhammad Waqas Awan

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Confused

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Carsten Buchenau

Carsten Buchenau, Champ

• 356 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
There is no such thing as standalone mode - control pane is always on the APs, no matter if you have 1 or 10000. Management is via Hivemanager or CLI, the Web GUI is only for basic connectivity settings.

You should try the new Connect service: Hivemanager NG with restricted functionality, but no recurrent license or support fees! Go to https://cloud.aerohive.com, register for a new account with an email not yet known to Aerohive. Once you have received your account, log in and select "Connect". Explore it, it might give you all you need. And if you need more, you can still use CLI commands on top...
(Edited)

Muhammad Waqas Awan

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Through CLI can we use it without controller? 

Carsten Buchenau, Champ

• 356 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
As there is no Controller with Aerohive, not ever, the answer is: yes :-)

Muhammad Waqas Awan

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Can you help me out what kind of commands I can use to configure it

Carsten Buchenau, Champ

• 356 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Sure - you will find the full CLI reference here:
http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/cli_guide_ap330-350_6-4r1.htm

Follow the "click here" link on top and scroll down to Using & Exploring the CLI.

Now, knowing which commands to use is the tricky bit. Easiest way would be to get yourself an Hivemanger account, Classic or NG, cloud or on-prem as virtual machine (e.g. to run under Vmware Player on your laptop). An evaluation license is totally sufficient. Get your AP inside, do your configuration via GUI, and then perform a configuration audit check on this AP (e.g. click on the red icon at the beginning of the line for your AP). You will now see all commands that, with an update, would be sent to your AP - and these are exactly your CLI commands. That should give you a good idea.

You can also search this forum for more examples on CLI configuration, e.g. this one:
https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/configuring-2-ssids-on-seperate-vlans-using-cli

Good luck! :-)

PS: You should really give the new Hivemanager Connect a try. Even if it is just to figure out the CLI commands. Because every time you update your AP configuration, no matter if with HM Classic or NG, CLI commands are sent to the AP. No license fees, and it doesn't expire.