Adding new ap121 to current hivemanger

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)

Hi there,

Is there anybody can tell me how to add a new AP121 to current hivemanager system with more than 80 APs?

Can it be possible to just conenct the new AP121 to the port which faulty AP121 was connected, if there is way to put all policy to the AP121 from Cli? Can I simply add the SN of AP121 into the hivemanager? and it will work?

Or Please, help me how to add if there is a better or a common way to do it. Thanks.

Photo of Jamie Cho

Jamie Cho

• 27 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Geoff Wilson

Geoff Wilson

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Not certain, but I think you're supposed to be able to clone the config of the AP.  and then just a matter pushing the correct policy.

When the AP is plugged in, it should connect to the HM, and then you'll see it available to you.

Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Is there anybody can tell me how to add a new AP121 to current hivemanager system with more than 80 APs?
- You can add as many AP's to Hive manager - that you are licensed for. 

Can it be possible to just conenct the new AP121 to the port which faulty AP121 was connected, if there is way to put all policy to the AP121 from Cli? Can I simply add the SN of AP121 into the hivemanager? and it will work?

- Remove the Faulty AP from the Database ( Add/Remove ) 

- Add Serial of the new AP

- Plug AP into the same port as the faulty one. 

* When the AP is in Hive Manager, push a complete config to the AP. Name it, and Select the Policy you want to push to it. Allow it to reboot. Test 

(Edited)
Photo of Eastman Rivai

Eastman Rivai, Official Rep

• 146 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
My understanding when you buy AP, the AP will be registered on our redirector and get redirected to your VHM. You may enable automatic provisioning that will allow the HM to push the network policy to the AP once the AP has joined the Hive Manager.

With regards to replacing the old AP, Travisk had exlained it in quite detail.

I hope this answer your question.