adding ap 130 to hive manager

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I already have 3 AP's, two AP230 and one AP121 and want to add the new AP130, can i just add the serial number of the AP130 and it picks up the present config from the existing AP's. the serial number on the AP130 is only 13 digits
Photo of Larry

Larry

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Assuming that you are using classic HiveManager, you need to first ensure that you have updated HiveManager to at least 6.5r1 so that support for the AP130 is present.

Then you need to create and configure an auto provisioning policy for the AP130s so that they get the configuration that you expect.

You will find this under:

Configuration tab >> Auto Provisioning, under Devices

You will need to select the Network Policy desired.

Ensure that you take a look under Interface Settings and Advanced Settings so that you configure everything as you want it. Things like the radio profiles desired on the wireless interfaces, the HiveOS software version desired, if you want the configuration to be uploaded automatically and if a reboot should take place automatically once the configuration has been uploaded.

You may wish to create new radio profiles for the AP130s.

Then... Add the serial number of the AP(s) purchased if they are not there already and connect them up.
Photo of Larry

Larry

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Nick,

I have done all as said, now adding the serial number of the AP's, it says serial number is 14 digits but the serial numbers i was giving while awaiting delivery of  the AP's are 13 digits. Is it that the new AP130 have 13digit serial numbers?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Larry,

The serial numbers for the AP130s are 14 digits long.

Nick
Photo of Larry

Larry

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Nick,

The serial numbers have been corrected by the suppliers.

Larry