Accept Terms & Conditions one-time only for AP130/HiveManager NG

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
We have about 9 AP130s with HiveManager NG and have enabled the Captive Web Portal so users have to agree to the Terms & Conditions for using the guest network. Ideally we would like for them to only have to agree to it once and then never get that page again (connect automatically). Is there a setting somewhere to make this change?

In addition, we have kept the SSID the same so when they move about floors we dont want them to have to agree on every floor every day.
Photo of Stacy Donaldson

Stacy Donaldson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

• 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
The registration period within the Captive Portal is what you'll need to adjust.  There is no "indefinite" time setting that I'm aware of.  See the help file for additional information (here is the snippet regarding the registration period).

Registration Period: Set the length of time that a registered client with an active session remains registered. If the client closes one session and later starts a new one while the AP still has a roaming cache entry for the client (one hour by default), the client does not have to register with the captive web portal again. On the other hand, if the client closes a session, and then starts a new session after the roaming cache entry has been removed, the client must complete the registration process again even if the new session begins within the registration period. The default registration period is 720 minutes (12 hours). The range is from 1 to 120,960 minutes or 1 to 2016 hours (84 days).

Hope this helps.
Photo of Stacy Donaldson

Stacy Donaldson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I came across that and thought maybe that is how I should handle it but wanted confirmation. Thank you for the input. We will start there!
Photo of Fabien Gaille

Fabien Gaille

• 53 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
On every floor every day ? Which kind of guests do you have ? ;) 

You should look into a BYOD (Bring your own device) network if you need to offer Internet access to the employees or persistant guests :D. I'm using the same stuff than Brian talked about to force the CWP to show up weekly. If you play with Roaming cache and define something like 24h, an user will not have to use the CWP if he connects daily. Roaming Cache Update Interval * Roaming Cache Ageout = Total seconds of roaming cache.

Cheers,
Fabien
(Edited)
Photo of Stacy Donaldson

Stacy Donaldson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Technically they are not guests. The guest network is basically for employee's personal devices so they are not on our network. 

Thanks. I think I have what I need now.