7.1r1 Firmware - AP250 - Results?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
When i first got the AP250s we had them on 7.0r2 and had lots of issues and we were instructed to roll back to 7.0r1 and everything is stable now. Just wanted to see what people's experiences with 7.1r1 are? I am a little hesitant to update.
Photo of Chris Clough

Chris Clough

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Edu Tan

Edu Tan

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
we are using 7.1r1 on AP130's. It is stable.
Photo of Chris Clough

Chris Clough

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the info! Glad to know it works for you!
Photo of John Sullivan

John Sullivan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are using 7.1r1 on AP230's. So far no problems.
Photo of Chris Clough

Chris Clough

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and try the updates. 

Chris
Photo of Pat ORourke

Pat ORourke

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Chris- Can you share what was happening with your 250's on 7.0r2? How is the performance of the 250's with 7.1r1? 
Photo of Chris Clough

Chris Clough

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When we were on 7.0r2 we were getting very inconsistent wireless. Lots of drops, interference and just a non usable experience for the office. We rolled it back and later found out there were other complaints from customers as well having similar issues. So far with 7.1r1 has been better but our APs are showing as not healthy in the Health overview. I did have an SE look into it and he said the APs were fine. Not sure what is causing that. 
Photo of Pat ORourke

Pat ORourke

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update. We suffer from a similar issue. We have had better luck with 7.0r2. Our AP's are set to use 20MHz channel widths, show 100% health, strong transmit speeds, RSSI sub -70, yet our clients see constant stalls. In critical areas, I have reinstalled old AP120's.
Photo of Sajid Abbas

Sajid Abbas

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
With 7.0r2 there is a DHCP relay issue where I had mobile devices not obtaining IP address. We upgraded to 7.1r1 as a fix, however started to see radius error logs on our NPS 2008 (which was not user affecting). Aerohive TAC has now advised us to roll back to 7.0r2 which is the golden version for AP250. As a workaround of the DHCP issue we need to enable ALG SIP Service.