370 Software Version

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
The one I have is running HiveOS 6.0r2c. Is this the most recent?
Photo of Bradley Chambers

Bradley Chambers, Champ

• 302 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
According to the Aerohive download area 6.0r2c is currently the only HiveOS version available for the AP370/390.

The HiveManager version should be 6.1r2.
Photo of Shail Talati

Shail Talati

• 17 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Crowdie is correct. HiveOS version for AP370/390: 6.0r2c. For rest of the APs it is 6.1R2.
Photo of Steve Wilhelm

Steve Wilhelm

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has the HiveOS firmware for the 370 been updated? I still only see 6.0r2c.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
As a general rule, you need to update HiveManager to its latest version first to see the latest versions of HiveOS. It is typically required for compatibility.
(Edited)
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
HiveOS 6.0r2e is the latest. As Nick pointed out, update you HiveManager. Then go to the configuration tab, click the Devices link, select the AP(s) you want to update, click the Update link and select Advanced -> Upload and Activate HiveOS Firmware. If your HM is up to date, you should see the latest firmware listed. If not, click the Add/Remove link and Upload from "HiveOS latest images from update server." 
Of course once you are sure the latest HiveOS images are on you HM, the easiest way to update is to select your devices, click Update -> Update Devices and ensure the Configuration and HiveOS are both being updated.

Best,
BJ 

Photo of Jan Boje

Jan Boje

• 47 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I 'am a litlle bit confused we have only 370 with HiveOS 6.0r2e. should we use  Hivemanager 6.1r6 at the moment we are using 6.1r2.
what would you suggest ?
Photo of Sjoerd de Jong

Sjoerd de Jong, Employee

• 97 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
You can always use the latest version of HiveManager, which supports the latest version of your AP's firmware (in this case 6.0r2e). As Nick mentioned, the general rule is to always have your HiveManager on a higher, or at least equal version to be able to manage your AP's
Photo of Steve Wilhelm

Steve Wilhelm

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was just wondering why the firmware for the 370, rev 6.0r2e, is so far behind my HiveManager's HiveOS, which is rev 6.1r6a.
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Steve,
The AP370/390 use a chipset from a different vendor than other Aerohive access points. Due to some architectural differences, it has been harder for us than expected to implement certain features on that platform than on the others. We are NOT stranding these platforms, we ARE working towards bringing them up to release and feature parity with the other access points, but it will be later this year before that happens.
Photo of Steve Wilhelm

Steve Wilhelm

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mike,

Thanks for your quick and clear response. Look forward to the upgrade.

- Steve W.
Photo of JukkaH

JukkaH

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What is the current situation with firmwares for AP370s? HMOL 6.2r1 doesn't see any newer version than 6.0r2... Any upgrades coming?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Yes, it is in the works and should be around April, presumably for 6.4r2.

(Edited)
Photo of JukkaH

JukkaH

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Aaah, ok. Thanks Nick!