30 230 AP 4 are not talking to myhive ping APs ping good 3 aerohive switches used can anyone tell why they are not connecting to myhive

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Chris Craig

Chris Craig

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chris Craig

Chris Craig

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
all APs lights are white
Photo of Krishna

Krishna, Employee

• 22 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I think what you are saying is that the APs have an IP address and they are pingable but are not connecting to the HMOL. Can you explain the switching piece again? Sometimes it takes a little longer for the AP to connect. Also can you confirm if the AP serial # is configured in the inventory ? You can see this under Monitor > Device Inventory > Add/Import
(Edited)
Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Local Hive Manager or Hive Manager online?
Are your Aerohive Switches Connected to the Hive?  If so, that rules out UDP12222 or Port 80 being blocked.

If local appliance, do you have an A Record for hivemanager.yourdomain pointing to your IP Address of the Hive ?

Also DHCP Option 225 for your IP of Hive Manager Local Appliance
DHCP Option 226 for Hivemanager.yourdomain  

Hope this helps.

SSH to the AP and run : SH CAPWAP CLIENT :  Paste output 
Photo of Chris Craig

Chris Craig

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
we bought 3 aerohive switches just for the new AP
5 APs on one
10 Aps another
15 APs another

4 are not connecting to the on lie aerohive

before i deployed them I set up the new switches plugin the APs and set them up. then i deployed them out in the building. i had 10 not working 6 came up after a day 4 still not communicating to the online aerohive.
No local appliance use cloud only AP and switches

all devices were preset up and are part of the inventory but are showing offline
Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Do the APs have an IP Address?  Can you see them in the DHCP Server?   If so, can you SSH to one of them.   Run SHOW CAPWAP CLIENT  then paste the output.   When connected to the AP, try to ping the public URL ( example:  ping hm-useast01.aerohive.com ) 
Photo of Andrew MacTaggart

Andrew MacTaggart, Champ

• 483 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes