Conversations

Photo of Harvey Grayson
Avoid device going through captive portal
We are trying to use a chromecast to display images and such as our work phones are android. Our issue is the CWP is stopping the chromec...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
l2 gre tunnel to DMZ with users egress out Eth1
Basically I want to tunnel all traffic from a particular ssid to a dedicated AP.  Pretty sure I've got the basics with how to set it up e...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
create a PPSK user with validity time of (now + 12 Months)
I'm trying to set something up, such that when a PPSK user is created, the lifetime is + 12 months (6 months if that is not possible). T...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
intel 7260-ac not connecting
I have a customer that is having issues with new Lenovo Yoga laptops being unable to connect to the Aerohive wireless in certain location...
  • 4 me toos
  • 31 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
guestmanager API documentation
Is there any documentation available for Guestmanager and API stuff?  We want to be able to automate changing of the guest password every...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of wombat
What attributes are need to CoA to change a user-profile
What attributes specifically are needed to dynamically change a user's user-profile via CoA. I understand what is required if during aut...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of wombat
6.4r1 DFS channel 116-128 are not broadcasting
Since upgrading the HM and all APs to 6.4r1 I think there is an issue with the DFS channels 116-128.  I happened to do an airmaget surv...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
local user export not working
I have an on-premise HM and need to export the 'local users' database which has about 1600 entries. I click export as importable version...
  • wombat, 3 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of wombat
There is no configuration on the device for the specified RADIUS server
Hi, I'm setting up a new Hive Manager (on premise) and doing a radius test and get the above message on two of the APs.  If I ssh onto t...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of wombat
In-net rouge AP containment
I want to enable automatic containment of in-net rogue aps. Was wondering what the correct policy to apply would be. If I have 'detec...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick Lowe
Enhance WIPS to detect rogue APs that spoof the SSIDs broadcast
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
Photo of wombat
Weak Signal-to-Noise Ratio Probe Response set to 20 dBm, but APs still respond to weak clients
I have this set in the radio profile, So why is the AP still responding to clients with weak SNR?  Below is what I see in client monit...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
Can I setup a VPN from AP330 to Palo Alto or even another Aerohive AP
A customer has this basic requirement.  They want to be able to establish a VPN between one of their existing APs and a Palo Alto firewal...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
Is there an official feature request portal for Aerohive?
Rather than just randomly posting ideas in this forum, is there an official feature request portal where ideas can be submitted and revie...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
load balancing questions
Just wondering about the load balancing feature and how it works.  The 'High Density design Guide' seem to imply that load balancing only...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Parham Sadegh
How do you setup load balancing on two Aerohive AP330s
I have two AP330 within 20 feet of each other with about 70 clients. Most clients tend to connect to only one AP rather than even connect...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
apdown alerts without a flood on capwap delay alerts
Is there a way of sending an alerts when an ap is down for 10 mins with on-premise HM?  We have enabled CAPWAP alerts, but just get flood...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
HiveOS on 6.1r3 - Can AP be firmware 6.1r3b
ok, I have a customer with on-premise HM of version 6.1r3.  Can I have APs running 6.1r3b, or strictly speaking do they need to not be hi...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
what is the difference betwen ap370 and ap230
I've looked at the data sheets and pretty much the specs are identical, so what really is the difference here between these two models?  ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of wombat
Deny Multicast rule does not work
I am trying to drop all multicast traffic with a rule in the ip firewall rule for our guests as follows. any 240.0.0.0/4 any deny Howev...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Archived