Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 57
Photo of Dale Lloyd
Guest VLAN on MAC authentication failure
It would be great if Aerohive had the option of specifying a guest/registration VLAN, which the client would be placed in if the AP recei...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Terence Fleming ThinkWireless
If the PPSK changes, why can't the SSID change as well?
Feature Request: can we create an SSID that contains a variable in its name,for example "See Reception for the Passcode for 22nd May 2013...
  • 4 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jorge Futoshi Yamamoto
How do I customize visitor's label with PPSK credentials?
I would like to customize the label (or the sheet) generated by the operator when he creates a visitor credentials: when the sheet (or la...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Eric Halloran
Firmware Upgrade
How do I get a firmware upgrade to my Aerohive AP121. There is no documentation on this and the Aerohive Manager is warning me that the ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Harry Zahlis
Multiple Active Directory Authentication in different forests.
We currently have created two SSID, one for students and one for staff. I would like to combine them into one SSID but I can not becaus...
  • 2 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Pratt
AP Enclosures - What are partners using when basketballs and beverages threaten?
So in the instance of a school gym or cafeteria, who makes an appropriate and economical wall/ceiling mount plastic AP enclosure? There ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Joshua Mulloy
How do I automate RADIUS and PPSK registration and permissions for various devices and users?
I have these SSIDs: LEGACY - Full network access single SSID, single PSK at all sites - (Would like to decommission) SITE - Differe...
  • 4 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick Lowe
Why is User-Name AVP truncation in RADIUS packets to 31 characters not considered a bug?
Just a word of warning and a red flag for those deploying Aerohive APs at the moment with WPA2-Enterprise / 802.1X: There is an issue ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Claude Pickett
Where can I find cwp self registration data?
  • 1 me too
  • 18 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of CHSKTR
Customisation of Small Format print in ID Manager
Hi, I appreciate the new functionality in ID Manager which allows some customisation of the small format printout (setting dimension size...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Johnny Loh
Please do consider giving the option of Pte Psk expiry email notification....
I was thinking that if the hivemanager is capable of notifying the end user that his/her pte psk is expiring the next 3 days. It would be...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of phil stokes
clients staying connected to ap but lose lan/wan connectivity
So we recently did some switch upgrades to cisco catalyst 2960s and expanded our wifi coverage. We've noticed users have no problem getti...
  • 5 me toos
  • 28 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of thewifigeek
To configure primary/secondary RADSEC proxy on selected access points
When enabling IDM it appears randomly selected access points are selected to function as RADSEC proxies. If customer has lots of access ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Carsten Buchenau
CWP with Meru IDM
Maybe someone has done this before or has an idea? We have a setup where we need to implement Aerohive Access Points (6.1r1) with Meru...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of J Sijtsma
Rate control policy has no effect
Hey there, I am trying to limit WiFi clients at 10mbit using the rate control policy. After configuring this policy in the user prof...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mario Leonel Juárez Zúniga
domains in walled garden
which is the pattern I should use when adding domains in the walled garden configuration? ... I would like to add a website in the walled...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of steven
One time login based on MAC-auth
How cool would it to be able to "remember" user based on their MAC address and allow access to the netwerk while presenting unknown user ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Nick Lowe
Expose action of Session-Timeout and Termination-Action RADIUS attributes in HiveManager.
Client information does not presently show the termination action (disconnection or reauthentication) and the session time out / session ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Crowdie
ID Manager Guest Account Restrictions
I would like to have restrictions on guest accounts in ID Manager so both data and time limits can be configured and the first one to be ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Erick Muller
Any ideas for a NON-CWP hotel guest authentication?
Hi guys, Recently I came across to a hotel trying to sell them Aerohive. They use another WiFi solution and basically the hotel IT adm...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered