Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 34
Photo of James Watson
Trying to integrate Cloudpath with Aerohive
We are a high school and we are looking at using Cloudpath's certificate based authenticating using a student's Google Apps credentials. ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of James Watson
How do you block rouge devices?
I'm looking for a way to block a few rouge devices from joining my network. Currently we use a hosted based certificate system (cloudpath...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Watson
CCTV Solution and Aerohive - Looking for good options?
Looking for any recommendations where we can purchase a quality wireless CCTV system which connects to Areohive. Anybody out there have a...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of James Watson
Is Aerohive NG a good option for my network?
I have been holding off on using Aerohive NG as I was told it wasn't ready for primetime just yet. This was some time ago. I want to know...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Watson
Is Aerohive NG a good option for my network?
I have been holding off on using Aerohive NG as I was told it wasn't ready for primetime just yet. This was some time ago. I want to know...
  • James Watson, 2 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bradley Chambers
Google Apps and ID Manager
I love to see Google Apps integrated into ID Manager (http://aerohive.com/products/cloud-se...) for authentication. Google Apps is the n...
  • 17 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Idea
Photo of James Watson
iPad MDM WiFi profile settings for WPA/WPA2 PSK (Personal)
I'm looking for a quick solution to connect 30 or so managed iPads to a temporary SSID for a few days. All of the iPads are managed by ou...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Watson
How to track and block VPN traffic and Apps in Aerohive (Student iPad)
A number of our students are up to no good because they have installed either a VPN app, or VPN services on their iPads. This has been ba...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Watson
How do you protect your AP390 - In a school gym?
We are about to place an AP 390 in our school gym, and we are looking for ideas to protect it. I was wondering if anyone else has done th...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Watson
Will the AP390 connect to HMOL without Antennas?
We have just purchased 2 of these using our Erate funds, and for some reason they came without antennas. Whilst we wait for those to ship...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Justin
Keeping my SSID's secure without an AD
We are a 1:1 school district with Apple. We have 1600 devices across 3 campuses. We also heavily utilize Google Apps for Education, facul...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mike Kouri
HiveOS/HiveManager 6.4r1 released!
I am very pleased and proud to announce that we have released HiveManager/HiveOS version 6.4r1, formerly known as and code-named “HongKon...
  • 6 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of James Watson
JAMF integration set up with Aerohive.
I wanted to know how other schools were integrating JAMF and Aerohive, how many SSIDs are you using? Also is there anyway to exclude iOS ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Watson
Teacher View Ideas - from a teacher
I have been working with one of my teachers to set up and trial Teacher View. He had the following feedback and I told him I would share ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of James Watson
Client Management and Teacher View and Schools
Has anyone tried this? Just looking for some feedback. Also what is the cost associated with Client Management - is it an extra fee? Thanks 
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Watson
What type of AP's would I need to cover this area, and how many?
I'm trying to get advice on WiFi coverage for our sports fields (see picture). The lower rectangle sports is one football field, so that ...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Watson
Make Airplay traffic a network/application service which can be prioritized.
I would like to be able to see what bandwidth Apple Airplay service is taking up, I would also like to be able to prioritize this traffic...
  • James Watson, 4 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Idea
Photo of James Watson
Is there a way to prioritize AirPlay traffic?
When lots of people are on our network, and students/teachers try to stream to the Apple TV it starts to lag. Is there any way to priorit...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Watson
Upgraded to HMOL6.1 and lost all of cloned PPSK User Accounts
I am at a High School and this year we started to use PPSK to authenticate our students. As some students started school late, I would cr...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Archived
Photo of James Watson
Capwap connection no more, all APs dropped from HMO.
I recently upgraded from 6.02 to 6.1 because I spotted the flashing bee. After doing this upgrade within HMO all of my APs have dropped t...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered