Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 60
Photo of Jo
How do I do a Country Code update for my APs?
I am trying to update country code for my AP's but receive this error for some of them...region code is not 'world' . It will not procee...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Fred
what ip firewall policy allows Chromecast
The chromecast device works great with all of the cheep WiFi devices but not the Aerohive Access Points. Can anybody give an example of a...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John Humphreys
How do I block a ranges of ports in HiveManager on User Profile?
How can I set a filter in hive manager to block a port range e.g. udp port 27000-27030? I can only seem to find options for adding ind...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of ACCsupport
How do I build a guest network?
Hi, Can someone tell me if there is a manual or video available for the following: * We want to create a wifi network where there i...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Amanda
Wanna BEE?
Welcome to Operation “Wanna Bee”! We’ve been tweeting photos of the #AerohiveBEE doing just about everything imaginable from riding ro...
  • 7 me toos
  • 309 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Van Jones
POE consumption
I'm looking at the power consumption of AP330s on my poe switches and am noticing anywhere from 5.2 watts to 5.7 watts usage per ap.  For...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Karl Pedde
Our desktops can access a site ie dropbox.com but the wireless devices cannot
Is there an exemption list on the wireless?
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Roman Kern
3rd party SFP modules
Hey all, I am trying to figure out which (if any) 3rd party (cisco compatible) SFP modules might work in an Aerohive switch. Maybe someb...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Terence Fleming ThinkWireless
Looking for USB client adapters to work with AP370
Does anyone have experience of a USB client adapter that works well with the AP370, or can anyone make a suggestion of a configuration ch...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick Lowe
Extend L2 firewalling to allow filtering based on EtherType
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Luke Nikunen
Is there anyway to black list a client in HiveManager?
I have a client connecting to my guest network and I would like to prevent them from having any access to the wireless network. I have th...
  • 4 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Debunker13
How to turn radios off during evenings & weekends
I know this probably has already been asked, but I'm attempting to turn radios off at a few schools, we have some kids spending their eve...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick Lowe
Why does HiveOS treat different ways of representing the same 802.1X user as being discrete users?
At the moment, different ways of representing the same 802.1X user are shown as being treated as being discrete users with the applicatio...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Andy Cannarella
AP 330/350 mounts
I am getting ready to do a warehouse deployment with AP350s. I have been using AP330s in the office on the T-Bar clips no problem. I am...
  • 2 me toos
  • 23 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Watson
Native iPad app for Hive Manager please.
This will just add another reason for people to switch to Aerohive in my opinion. It would also be cool if the app could send you not...
  • 31 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Dave Brown
VM upgrade vs replacement?
Considering that I originally started out on a HiveManager 3.4 VM, and have been doing just upgrades since, would now be a good time to e...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Fraser Speirs
Requesting new app signatures?
Hi, We just upgraded to 6.1r1 so I'm having my first try-out with application visibility. My first question is whether we can add or r...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Brian Powers
6.1r1 VM update failed.
Running on a Mac Mini with VM Fusion. At some point during the update process, the VMFusion application crashed. Now I get the followin...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bob Sampson
Aerohive APs, A Whole Shift In The Wireless Paradigm
I love my Aerohives. I recently distributed a load up at Oxford University following an extended investigation into options available and...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Johnny Loh
Does the slowest wireless client dictate the connection quality of all others?
Hi all, I was told that the quality of wireless connection follows the law of the lowest common denominator - meaning that if 10 users...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered