Conversations

Photo of russell
Palo Alto Firewall integration
If you want to integrate Aerohive with Palo Alto the suggested route is to run a script on a Kiwi Syslog Server which parses the Aerohive...
  • 10 me toos
  • 51 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Aaron Scott
Has anyone seen devices showing up in HiveManager with 0.0.0.0 ip addresses?
I have a client with an on-premise HiveManager and they are seeing devices show up in the Client list that have 0.0.0.0 ip addresses. T...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Aaron Scott
Beam Forming or Smart Antennas - Which is a better solution for the future?
Is the standards based Beam Forming going to be good enough or are smart antennas (like those used by Ruckus) likely to take over in the ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jeongmo Jeong
Xirrus array vs Aerohive AP
What are the benefits of Aerohive AP product in comparison with Xirrus AP? I heard that Xirrus is also controller-less architecture. ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kurt Kidder
How do I setup RADIUS integration with Open Directory on 10.7/10.8?
I'm starting a set up for 802.1x for apple open directory (OS X Server (Mountain Lion). I'd like to authenticate users and assign vlans ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 38 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick Lowe
When will the 802.11ac AP370 and AP390 get feature parity to the 802.11n APs?
I noticed from the release notes that: "Feature Limitations for the AP370 and AP390 The AP370 and AP390 platforms do not currently s...
  • 4 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick Lowe
Perform RADIUS accounting for PPSK and PSK access.
At present, RADIUS accounting is only performed for 802.1X authentication. It would be highly useful if HiveOS could also perform RADI...
  • 5 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Aaron Scott
Has anyone done any work with the StudentManager API for integrating with other Student Information Systems?
I am interested in having a look at some code for the adapter (looking for a starting place)...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tom Larkin
Free Bonjour-Gateway: We often have to restart apple-tv for it to advertise.
We have installed and configured free GW and we are able to see filtered airplay (apple-tv) across vlans. However, We often have to r...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mike Kouri
How many SSIDs do you use per AP?
Hello folks, The subject line says it all, I am try to get an idea many SSIDs are used by our customers on a per-AP basis.
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Michael Drummond
Is there a limit to the number of wireless clients per subnet/SSID/VLAN
Hello Aerohive community, I have had a technician from another company come and help us with an upgrade of your switch network and the...
  • 1 me too
  • 20 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mohanantass
HMOL Time
Hi Team, I hv this HMOL and and when i see the logs sometimes it does reflect my country time its like US time or something like that...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Aaron Scott
What's the best way to prevent inter-station traffic across APs?
I have a client who wants to stop inter-station traffic across his APs for an entire SSID (VLAN). Am I correct in that Inter-station tr...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Christopher Tawes
AutoDetect ChromeBooks for VLAN routing?
I'm trying to get a new Aerohive implementation rolled out in my school. I've got RADIUS auth working through the base stations to RADIUS...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Amar
HiveManager Settings System date/time
How can I modify time parameters? My NTP server is correctly activate in HiveManager settings but, unfortunately, when I look to the devi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Vincent Low
SR2024 (8 poe), which ports are POE?
Hi guys, I am configuring a SR2024 switch remotely, and need to know which of the 8 ports are POE. I am guessing 1-8? Thanks!!
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Aaron Scott
Application-based rate limiting
I just had a question from a client, who asked if it is possible to rate limit a particular app over the wireless. My thoughts would b...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered